These dairy free and grain free chocolate chip cookie sticks are actually an adaption from my favorite tahini brownie recipe, don't you just love tahini?
You can also make these into traditional chocolate chip cookies! The recipe makes 24 cookies. Using a small cookie scoop, place the batter onto the parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 cookie sticksServings
- 1 cup raw/pure tahini (only ingredient should be sesame seeds)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus extra for the top of the cookies)
- Coarse sea salt, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into two long logs on the baking sheet and use a spatula to shape the dough. The dough will seem flat but it will puff up! If you want to bake it in a tin for thicker cookie sticks, that works too but bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and some coarse sea salt. Slice into sticks on the baking sheet and set aside to cool.
Note: if you would like a crunchier cookie, like a biscotti, slice the cookies and then place back in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.