- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 (12-ounce or 340g) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia or snapper filets (about 1 1/2 pounds or 700g total)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (260g) chipotle salsa
- 3 cups (585g) cooked long grain brown rice
- 3/4 cup (85g) shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (150g) pitted kalamata olives, halved
1 Place red peppers in blender or food processor; puree until smooth; set aside.
2 Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of fish. Melt butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
3 Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Set aside on separate plate; cover to keep warm.
4 To pan drippings, add pureed peppers and salsa; bring to boil. Remove 1/4 cup salsa mixture; set aside.
5 Stir rice into remaining salsa mixture in skillet; cook until heated, stirring frequently.
6 Add cheese and olives; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts.
7 Spoon rice on platter around fish; spoon reserved sauce over fish. Garnish with additional olives, if desired.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Debra Thomas www.usarice.com and www.wholegrainscouncil.org