When you need a quick vegetarian dinner there is nothing like a simple stir fry. When you coat your tofu in cornstarch and pan fry you will find the tofu gets perfectly crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. It's the secret to the best tofu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound block of firm tofu
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
1. Mix together the broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and sriracha in a small bowl. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in another small bowl to form a paste, and then stir into the sauce. Cut tofu into small cubes.
2. Put a thin layer of cornstarch on a plate. Dip the tofu cubes into the cornstarch, coating the pieces lightly all over. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu cubes, and pan-fry for around 5-6 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden.
3. Remove tofu to a plate. Put broccoli, onion and garlic into the hot pan and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add the sauce and then the tofu and cook a few minutes, stirring until well coated and thickened.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 410
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 1120 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g