- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1 tsp caraway seeds1
- 1/4 tsp red hot pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut 1 x 2 x 1/4 inch
- 1 Tbsp shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp orange zest1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup dates, 1/4 inch slices2 apples, 1/2 inch dice
- Salt to taste
1 For the dressing: Combine the shallots and vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes Add the pomegranate juice and molasses, lemon juiceWhisk
2 Whisk in the canola oil. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
3 For the skewers: Mix all ingredients thoroughly and coat the meat well with the mixture.
4 Marinate at least 2 hours before grilling.
5 Skewer chicken.
6 Grill over medium-high heat until the juices run clear.
7 Place the arugula in a bowl and add the dates, apples, and salt.
8 Add enough of the dressing to lightly coat. Place on a plate with 2 to 4 skewers of chicken. Drizzle some of remaining dressing around the plate.