Buy ground turkey or grind your Thanksgiving leftovers to make this turkey-walnut-mushroom loaf. And don't forget the salsa.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped mushrooms (button, crimini, shiitake or combination)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices firm bread, crumbled)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped California walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mango, peach or regular salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, use a spoon or your hands to combine all ingredients except salsa. Mix well until mixture holds together.
3. Shape into a loaf about 8x5 inches and place in a 9x9 or 9x13 inch baking pan.
4. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
5. Pour salsa on top and continue baking 10-15 minutes longer or until meatloaf releases some juices and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Source: California Walnut Board