I was inspired to make a Cappuccino flavored cake, but when I only had Turkish coffee I realized that this flavor profile with cardamom and cinnamon was even better. If you want it to look more like a cappuccino you could make the glaze with white chocolate, but I like the deep richness of the dark chocolate glaze.
I tried making it with whole wheat flour and it worked well, but was not as light and fluffy, so the choice is yours.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoon Turkish coffee
- 2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup non dairy sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water or soy milk
- Optional: extra cinnamon, coffee and cocoa powder to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. In a pan, whisk oil, butter, 2 Tbsp. cocoa, 3 Tbsp. Turkish coffee, 2 Tbsp. cinnamon and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring. In a bowl, whisk eggs, non dairy sour cream and vanilla.
3. Stir cocoa mixture into flour mixture. Fold in egg mixture. Pour into Bundt pan, smoothing top. Bake until a skewer inserted in cake's center comes out clean, 25 to 33 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Let cool completely.
4. Make glaze: Whisk 1/4 tsp. each cocoa, turkish coffee and cinnamon. In a microwave melt chocolate with margarine (start with 30 seconds and then stir and do 10 seconds stirring until done). Remove from microwave; let cool. In a bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and non dairy milk. Stir in chocolate mixture. Drizzle glaze over cake. Sift cocoa mixture over top; let stand until glaze is set.