I made this one night based on what was in my pantry and thought no one but me would eat it, it sounds boring I know. But it was amazing and everyone loved it. Give it a try.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup red lentils
- ¼ cup bulgur wheat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Cayenne (optional to taste)
1. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Add lentils and bulgur and boil for 20 minutes. Add finely chopped onion and salt, continue boiling for another 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, in a separate sauce pan, over medium-high, heat oil. Add flour and quickly whisk until all flour is coated in oil. Add tomato paste and cayenne, if using, and a few spoonfuls of boiling water. Pour into soup, stir well and serve with fresh hot bread.