This rice gets a boost of flavor, color and nutrition with the turmeric and don't leave out the fried mint leaves.
Read more about the Health Benefits of Turmeric here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups basmati or long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
Fried Mint Leaves
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Combine all ingredients for the rice in a large heavy saucepan. Place the pan on the stove, raise the heat to high, cover the pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir the rice, cover the pot again and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the rice for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the stock has reduced completely. Remove from the heat and fluff the rice with a fork.
2. Before serving the rice, heat a small saucepan with the coconut oil and place the mint leaves in the hot oil. Fry for 2 minutes on each side until crispy.
3. Top the turmeric rice with the fried mint leaves and serve.