You can use almonds or hazelnuts for the crust, but we prefer a mix of the two. Make your own meal by processing the nuts a blender of food processor or buy it prepared.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups (200 grams) almond meal and/or hazelnut meal
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1½ cups (210 grams) raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for at least 1 hour)
- 1 large lemon, juiced, about ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup (140 grams) vegan yogurt or sour cream
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries
- Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan or tart pan.
- In a small bowl combine almond meal, powdered sugar and evoo. Mix until thoroughly combined. Press into serving dish and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a blender, add drained cashews along with lemon juice, olive oil, yogurt and maple syrup. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetener to taste.
- Pour filling into prepared base, tap to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to set, at least 2 hours.
- Before serving top with sliced or whole strawberries.