These fries are a huge hit at our table, with adults and children alike. Kids love “colorful French fries.” Serve as a side dish, or as a tasty snack. They will disappear in no time!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large sweet potato, about ¾ pound
- 2 large parsnips, about ¾ pound together
- 1 large beet, about ¾ pound
- 1½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita, divided
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and parsnips. Rinse and dry well. Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into ¼ to ⅓-inch-thick slices, and then cut each slice lengthwise into ¼ to ⅓-inch-thick fries.
- Cut the parsnips in half crosswise. Cut the halves lengthwise into ¼ to ⅓-inch-thick slices, and then cut each slice into ¼ to ⅓-inch-thick fries.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato and parsnip fries with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange in one even layer on a sheet pan. Set aside.
- Using gloves, so as not to stain hands, peel the beetroot. Rinse and dry well.
- Cut the beetroot crosswise into ¼ to ⅓-inch thick slices, and then cut each slice lengthwise into ¼ to ⅓-inch-thick fries. Use a glass cutting board or large disposable plastic plate, so as not to stain your kitchen tools.
- Toss the beet fries with the remaining ½ tablespoon evoo. Arrange in an even layer on a second sheet pan.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, rotating the baking sheets in the oven from top to bottom halfway through.
- Remove the sweet potato and parsnip baking sheet, and leave the beets in the oven to bake for an additional 6 minutes.
- Toss all three colors of fries together with the kosher salt. Serve immediately.