You can modify this in so many ways, but this version with beets and butternut squash was excellent to start with.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large beet, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup beans (mixed variety)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup wheatberries
- 1 potato, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetarian beef boullion or Onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon smokey parika
- 1 package matzoh ball mix, prepared per package directions
- 6 cups Water
1 Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Put all ingredients except matzo balls in slow cooker.
2 Cover with water. Prepare matzo balls per package directions, but do not cook them. Drop the raw matzo balls on top of everything, it is in place of kishke. Turn on high for atleast an hour before Shabbat and then bring to low. Allow to cook overnight and serve for lunch.
Photo courtesy of Flickr - ShannaLee