A little digression from the usual waldorf salad. The addition of blue cheese makes the salad a bit more filling and can be a main course for a light lunch.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2-ounces Blue cheese,crumbled
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 6-ounces Leaf lLettuce, preferably red
- 2-ounces (about ½ cup) walnuts, chopped (and toasted, if desired)
1. Squeeze juice from lime into medium bowl; add mayonnaise, cheese and sour cream.
2. Whisk until well blended (or blend in food processor or blender).
3. Add apple and celery, stirring until coated with dressing.
4. Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Mound quarter of mixture on middle of each plate, and top with quarter of walnuts.