- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 48 ServingsServings
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces silken tofu
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Preheat oven to 350° F
2 In a bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, and salt (if desired). Mix in the walnuts.
3 In another bowl, mash the tofu and combine with the olive oil, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
4 Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones.
5 Drop the batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets and bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the edges just begin to brown.
Source: Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D. and California Walnut Board