- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 can (14-oz) regular or unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained (or 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes)
- 2 cups diced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (half of a 1.35-oz. packet )
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 can (14-oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen or canned corn kernels
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- 6 taco shells or 6” flour or corn tortillas
1 Heat tomatoes and zucchini in a wide skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered 3 minutes.
2 Stir in taco seasoning, 2 tablespoons water, black beans and corn. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
3 Stir in walnuts. Let stand 1-2 minutes for sauce to thicken.
4 Serve in taco shells or soft tortillas with choice of condiments like lettuce, cheese, sour cream, or avocado slices.
Source: California Walnut Board