Make it easy and healthy with Pasta and canned salmon, serve it warm for a nice change on pasta salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 cup cups whole wheat bow-tie pasta
- 1 red apple, cored and diced*
- 2 (6oz/170g) cans sockeye salmon, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup green onions, diced 3
- 3 small zucchini, trimmed and diced 1
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced 1
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
1 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
2 In a salad bowl, combine pasta, apple, salmon, celery, green onions, zucchini, yellow pepper and baby peas. Set aside.
3 To prepare the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine canola oil, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4 Heat for 30 seconds in microwave.
5 Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss lightly. Garnish with walnuts. Serve immediately.