This recipe exemplifies why whole wheat is better than white.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cup whole wheat matzo farfel
- 1 cup nuts, such as chopped walnuts and sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- zest from one orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup dried fruit of choice (craisins, chopped apricots, cherries)
1. Combine farfel and nuts in a bowl.
2. In a small saucepan heat honey, orange juice, cinnamon and zest until just hot. Add dash of salt and
oil. Mix with farfel.
3. Prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread farfel mix onto tray and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Then mix in 1 cup of dried fruit of choice, tart cherries, raisins, apricots.