A comforting answer to leftover chicken. Creamy and delicious with hearty wild rice this chicken dish will be your new best friend.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 10 (1/2) oz can condensed chicken broth
- 2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup non dairy creamer or rice milk
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. When hot, add the celery, carrot, onion, and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- ump in the flour and pepper and stir to coat the vegetables. Add the wild rice, water, and broth. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat immediately. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, non dairy creamer, almonds and parsley. Heat until just hot, being careful not to boil .