Possibly my favorite soup in the world
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 cups Chinese chicken soup stock*
- 1/2 cup raw chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoons water
- 2 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 16 wontons
- 1 green onion, finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sprinkle of cilantro for garnish
Chinese chicken stock soup:
- 8 cups Cannedor fresh chicken soup or 8 teaspoons powdered chicken soup and 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 whole green onions
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Dash of low-sodium soy sauce
1. Coat chicken with cornstarch and water mixture. Set aside.
2. Bring chicken soup to to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, carrot and wontons, and cook 4-7 minutes.
3. Add green onion, sesame oil, and cilantro. Cook 1-2 minutes and serve.
Chinese chicken soup stock:
1. Make broth with either cannedor fresh chicken soup or powdered soup and water.
2. Add ginger, garlic, green onions, sesame oil, soy sauce. Heat all ingredients together for 5-10 minutes to blend flavors. Bitayvon!
Here is a recipe to make your own wontons: http://www.joyofkosher.com/recipes/wontons/