This yemenite harsoet has sesame seeds, which is considered kitniyot.
- Prep Time
- 15 dried figs, chopped
- 15 dried dates, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- Dash of ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more, to taste
- dry red wine
- Finely chop the figs and dates and add the sesame seeds and spices. Stir in enough wine to make a paste. Process through a food processor if a thick texture is desired. Store in the refrigerator.