This homemade za'atar laffa is so perfectly doughy, crisp and aromatic that it could be right from the Jerusalem shuk!
The June Smart Oven, one of the smartest ovens we've ever seen can make anyone a better cook.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Jamie Geller Za'atar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Mix the flour, sugar, yeast and salt together until well combined.
- Add the water and olive oil then mix using your hands.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface then knead for about 5 minutes, until dough is smooth and soft.
- Place dough in an lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl in your June oven and activate the Proof setting at 85°F (30°C) for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the za'atar with the olive oil until well combined.
- Remove the dough and separate into 3 even pieces.
- Preheat the June oven to 500°F (260°C). You can do it from your phone! Immediately insert the June cast iron pizza pan so that it heats up.
- Flour the June pizza peel and place some dough on top. Press the dough into a thin, flat circle.
- Use a spoon to spread the za'atar mixture, leave about ½ inch around the edge. At this point, you can poke holes in the bread using a fork, if you want fewer bubbles to form in the laffa.
- Once the June oven has reached 500°F (260°C), you can carefully insert the dough onto the cast iron pizza pan.
- Set the timer on the June app for 5 minutes. You can keep an eye on the dough using the live video setting on the June app.
- Your phone will notify you once the baking is done.
- Serve with hummus, olives and a fresh salad.