Editor's Note: Zoodles are spiralized zucchinni noodles, eaten raw or boiled. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can julienne the zuchinni with a peeler, or simply use a regular peeler to make "ribbons." They are the perfect gluten-free alternative to pasta.
These Zoodles in Puttanesca Sauce are a delicious and healthy substitute for when you are in the mood for spaghetti with tomato sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 11 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped black/kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- ½ teaspoons salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup red wine or vegetable stock
- Spiralized zucchini (About 1-2 small zucchini per person)
- Chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
1. In a hot pan, heat oil and quickly sautee the garlic and chili flakes for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
2. Add in the tomato paste, and stir for 30 seconds. Add in the tomatoes, olives and capers; once tender add the salt, pepper, honey, and liquid. Cover for 15-20 minutes or until soft and thickened slightly.
3. Throw in the raw or sauteed spiralized zucchini and toss until pliable. Serve with fresh parsley on top if desired.