This is just like the well known cucumber and dill salad but the zucchini version. Since the zucchini is not cooked in this recipe, use only very fresh zucchini.
- 4 firm and fresh zuchini, coarsely grated and strained well
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Taste and season as necessary.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to two days. The salad will produce extra liquid while being stored- if you don't want the extra liquid you can use a strainer).