This Hanukkah, we're air-frying our sufganiyot in our incredible June Smart Oven!
The oven ensures that this recipe works perfectly every single time. Once air fried, if you can't decide which toppings to choose, just use all of them!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoon yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon oil + more for brushing
- ½ cup warm water
- Milk chocolate, melted
- Pretzels, chopped
- White chocolate, melted
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberry jam
- Add the flour, sugar, yeast and salt to a large bowl. Mix to combine and then add the egg, oil, and warm water. Mix until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a table and knead for 5 minutes, until dough is soft and smooth. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover. Place in a warm part of the room and allow the dough to rise until doubled in size, about 45 mins.
- Remove dough from bowl onto a floured surface. Roll out the dough to ½ inch thickness. With a cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut 2-inch circles in the dough. When you are left with scraps of dough, roll it out again and cut more circles.
- Preheat your June oven on air-fryer mode to 350℉/175℃. Place dough circles on a greased air fryer sheet pan. Brush the dough generously with oil. Cover with a towel for 30 minutes to allow doughnuts to rise.
- Cover an air-fryer tray with aluminum foil and place it in the lowest rack of the oven. Place the doughnuts in the oven on the middle rack.
- Air-fry for 5 minutes until puffed up and golden brown. June will alert you once the 5 minutes are up!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before handling.
- Topping options:
- Dip each doughnut in melted milk chocolate and place pretzel pieces on top.
- Dip each doughnut in melted white chocolate and sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles on top.
- Use a squeeze tube or piping bag to fill the doughnuts with strawberry jam. Garnish with powdered sugar.