Make a creamy no fail hollandaise in your blender. Perfect for homemade eggs Benedict or to dress up veggies.
Always make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil, we love Colavita.
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper or dash of hot sauce
- Garnishes: thinly sliced scallions or chopped chives
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until it begins to foam, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While butter is melting, place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne into the pitcher of a blender. Cover and pulse on HIGH speed for 2 seconds.
- Once butter is hot and foamy, with the motor still running on HIGH, gradually add melted butter in a slow, steady stream through hole in blender lid (I always have a towel at hand to help cover the plug hole to keep the butter from flying everywhere), leaving milky solids behind. Season with salt and pepper.