What could be more fun than a pull-apart bread loaded with apples and fragrant honey?
Use one of our favorite challah dough recipes to make this monkey bread.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 firm apples such as Honeycrisp or Granny Smith, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 pounds Jamie’s Challah Dough
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan or springform pan
- Place apple pieces in a bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Divide challah dough into 40 (1-inch) pieces. Roll into balls and place on lined baking sheet.
- Place 1 layer of challah dough balls into the bottom of pan. Be sure it completely covers the bottom. Add a layer of apple pieces a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Continue layering challah pieces, apples and drizzle of honey.
- Cover and allow to rise for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the surface is golden brown. If the surface browns too quickly, loosely cover with foil.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter or cake stand.