After a week in Paris, I was very excited to get back to my kitchen and try new recipes. For this dessert, I was inspired by a delicious apple turnover I had on my vacation but wanted to turn it into some sort of pie. I used puff pastry dough and made almond frangipane. Easy, simple and delicious. Specially for this warm weather, I can’t wait to have it with an iced latte!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 5 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 large golden apples, peeled
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Roll out pastry on a large greased baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar. Add egg, flour, almond extract, and almond flour. Spread mixture over pastry.
4. Slice apples ⅛-inch thick. Arrange them in a circular pattern on top of almond mixture.
4. Fold dough over so that it covers the filling by 2 inches. Brush galette with agave and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Cool, slice and serve.