Fall's favorite flavors combine for a delicious breakfast or brunch treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated apples
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅛ cup dark corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and nutmeg in mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, egg, butter, vanilla, and milk.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring only until blended. Fold in grated apple.
4. Bake on hot, lightly greased griddle, or nonstick pan.
5. When batter is full of holes, turn to brown on other side. Turn pancakes only once while cooking.
1. Melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add apples and sauté until just brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add maple and corn syrup to apples and stir gently. Add salt.
3. Let cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until mixture thickens. Serve with apple pancakes.
Source: U.S. Apple Association