Apricots and chicken were really made to be cooked together. This is quite a standard recipe, though I find that every chef has their own variation. This one's a great starter for Apricot Chicken fans.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds, cut into 8 pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup bottled Russian dressing
- 1/4 cup duck sauce
- 2 tablespoon Onion Soup Mix*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Arrange in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, stir together apricots, preserves, Russian dressing, duck sauce and onion soup mix. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Skin should be crisp and brown. Serve immediately.
For an attractive garnish, add a few cinnamon sticks before serving. If you are lucky enough to find fresh, ripe apricots, pit and slice a few. Place over chicken before serving.
Photo Credit: Melinda Strauss