- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, sliced into 1/2 moons
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, fresh minced
- 4 slices rustic bread
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper, 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups California green or red seedless grapes, picked from stem and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
1 together dressing ingredients.
2 Place red onions in baking dish lined with foil. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. of prepared dressing and toss well. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
3 Mix 1 Tbsp. olive oil with crushed garlic. Brush onto bread slices. Broil or grill bread for 1-2 minutes on each side until toasted.
4 Cut bread into strips about 1/2 inch wide. Place bread, roasted onions, arugula, fennel, bell pepper, pinenuts and grapes in large bowl and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.