Note: This recipe also works well in a covered BBQ.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds freshwater fish fillets, such as carp, barramundi, or perch
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red or yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup bottled Napoletana pasta sauce
- ¾ cup red wine
- Garnish: finely chopped chives and caperberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
2. Heat evoo in a non-stick sauté pan on medium. Sauté onions for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden.
3. Place onions in a prepared baking dish and top with fish fillets. Season with salt and pepper. Cover fish with peppers and tomatoes.
4. Combine pasta sauce and red wine. Pour over fish. Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until fish and peppers are cooked through.
5. Serve, garnished with chives and caperberries.
Source: Dudu Fisher from One Egg is a Fortune. Winner of 6 international awards, ‘One Egg Is A Fortune’ is a cookbook featuring recipes, stories and biographies from 50 prominent Jewish people from around the world. Book sales support Jewish elder care.