These Baked Yucca Fries are a healthier alternative to french fries, and are easy to make. Spiced with a chipotle rub, they pack a bold taste.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large yucas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle of dry thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Peel fresh yuccas with a vegetable peeler to remove waxy skin. Cut into fry shapes.
3. Boil water in a pot, and let yucca cook in boiling water for 10 minutes.
4. Strain yucca from water and rinse with cold water.
5. Place yucca in a large bowl and top with olive oil and seasoning.
6. Line onto a baking sheet (do not overcrowd) and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and flip.
8. Place back into oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
9. Serve warm.