This oh-so-soft beer braised brisket requires little effort. Sit back and relax while your dinner makes itself in the crockpot!
Tip: Add 1 to 2 cups beef broth to crockpot for added depth of flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon instant ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4-pound) brisket
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (24-ounce) stout or ale
1. In a small bowl, combine paprika, brown sugar, cumin, coffee, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder; stir to mix. Rub mix all over to coat brisket.
2. Heat evoo in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add brisket and sear 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
3. Transfer to a slow cooker and add beer. Cook on high setting for 4 hours or low setting for 8 hours. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing against the grain.
4. Transfer braising liquid to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook for 12 to 16 minutes, or until liquid is thickened and reduced to ½ cup. Pour over brisket to serve.