You don't need as much self control when you make babka in muffin tins. Automatic portion control for this decadent treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Make this babka dough. Divide dough into 12 rounds.
3. Roll each round into a rectangle and fill center with Sweet Tart Jam, or your favorite store-bought jam, leaving the border of dough jam-free.
4. Form into a strand by rolling lengthwise. Slice each strand in half, lengthwise and tie each strand into a knot.
5. Spray a muffin tin with baking spray and place mini babka rounds into muffin tin. Brush with egg wash (1 egg with 2 tablespoons milk of choice, beaten) and top with streusel crumbs, evenly sprinkling over each muffin.
6. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tin.
1. Mix butter or margarine with sugar, flour and kosher salt until coarse crumbs form. Reserve for topping.
NOTE: Keep leftover babka muffins in refrigerator, in covered container or sealed bag, for up to 3 weeks or a few months in freezer.