The combination of vegetables, herbs, and oats makes for a healthy and tasty kugel. It is low in calories and high in nutrients. We use a 6 cup muffin tin to make this recipe or you can double the recipe and make it in a round 9-inch pie plate.
Related: Superfood Shabbat Menu
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita, plus more for greasing
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cups mix of cauliflower and broccoli florets, finely chopped
- ¼ cup raw quick cooking oats or potato starch
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 6-cup muffin tin or 9-inch pie plate with Colavita extra virgin olive oil.
2. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes, and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add cauliflower, broccoli, oats, eggs, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper, stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon kugel mixture into prepared muffin tin.
6. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour, until golden on the top.
Nutritional information per serving : 110 calories, 5g fat, 93mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 3g sugar, 7g protein