Roasted red peppers add extra zing to this classic chopped tomato dish
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- ½ whole grain baguette (French bread), cut into 12 slices (or substitute 3 slices whole-wheat bread, each cut into 4 squares)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, rinsed and diced
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers, diced (or substitute fresh roasted red peppers; see tip) (Leftover Friendly)
- 6 Kalamata olives, rinsed and sliced (or substitute any black olive)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, rinsed, dried and chopped (or 2 teaspoon dried)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lightly toast baguette slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients, and toss well.
- Top each bread slice with about 2 tablespoons of tomato mixture, and serve.