For those of us who have a sweet tooth, this chocolate banana smoothie is an amazing way to fulfill our sweetness need in a very healthy and delicious way. This recipe can be a great breakfast or a lovely afternoon snack. It’s high in protein, good fats and fiber and quite delicious.
- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- 2 cups water (or 1 cup water and 1 cup ice), OR 2 cups unsweetened almond, hemp, cashew or coconut milk
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter (or any other unsweetened nut or seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao powder (preferably raw)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt (preferably sea or Himalayan)
- 1 or 2 Medjool dates, pitted OR 1 or 2 drops unrefined liquid stevia, optional
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until pureed. Enjoy!
For an energy boost, try adding 1 teaspoon maca powder or ¼-1/2 teaspoon matcha (Japanese ground green tea), which does contain caffeine (which is one of the foods we stay away during the detox), but since it has so many health benefits and a low caffeine content, it’s worth considering.