Nothing makes me happier than combining two of my most favorite foods: chocolate mousse and halva. So I've done just that in this super quick and easy no-bake dessert.
Prepare this early in the day or as you're starting meal prep for Shabbos and it will be ready to serve by dessert time.
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 12.3-ounce container silken tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao or more), melted
- ½ cup silan (date honey)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 8 ounces halva, broken into 1-inch chunks, plus more for garnish
1. Process tofu in food processor until creamy.
2. Whisk together cocoa powder and water to form a paste. Add cocoa paste, melted chocolate, silan, vanilla and salt to tofu and pulse several times.
3. Transfer mousse to a mixing bowl and gently fold in halva. Divide mousse into dessert glasses and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours to firm up.
4. Garnish with crumbled halva.