- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- For the salad:
- cooking spray
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drainedFor the dressing:
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (packed into cup measure)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
1 Place potato cubes in a large saucepan; add water to cover and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
2 Boil potatoes for 5 minutes, or until tender (easily pierced with a knife). Drain and place in a serving bowl.
3 Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the egg whites over medium heat, without stirring, until cooked through but not overcooked.
4 Flip skillet over onto a clean cutting board, releasing egg whites. Chop egg whites and add to serving bowl.
5 Add red pepper and chickpeas to the bowl, stirring all ingredients to combine; set aside.
6 Prepare dressing: Puree all ingredients in a blender. Add to salad and toss gently to combine.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission