Latin American flavors come alive in this festive beef dish with fruity salsa
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 beef roast (such as London Broil or Tenderloin) (16 ounce)
- ½ cup canned diced pineapple, in fruit juice, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute ¼ tsp dried coriander)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients and toss well. Let sit for 10–15 minutes to marinate while preparing the seasoning and cooking the meat.
- For the beef seasoning, combine all ingredients. Lightly oil the beef and spread an even layer of the dry seasoning over the entire roast.
- Place the seasoned roast on a roasting or broiling pan and roast 10–15 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 ºF). Let cool for 5 minutes before carving into 16 slices (1 ounce each).
- Serve four slices of the beef with ¼ cup salsa on the side.
Tip:Delicious with a side of rice and Grilled Romaine Lettuce with Caesar Dressing