- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Rice, any variety, to equal 3 cups cooked
- ½ red onion
- 1 red pepper, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pine nuts (optional)
- 1 cup basic vinaigrette
1. Prepare rice according to package instructions. Place in a serving bowl.
2. While rice is cooking, finely chop onion, pepper, and celery. Halve grapes. Thinly slice scallions. Rinse peas in cold water to thaw.
3. Combine onions, peppers, celery, grapes, scallions, peas, dill, parsley, and pine nuts with rice. Toss with vinaigrette to taste.
4. Serve with Smoked Turkey on Challah Rolls. While the rice is cooking, prepare the salad ingredients and assemble the turkey sandwiches.