Cranberry and pistachio biscotti, a delicious indulgence to enjoy with tea or coffee.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 15 peicesServings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 170 grams white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and cardamom; set aside.
3. Beat sugar and butter on high in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and lemon peel and beat until blended.
4. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in cranberries and pistachios until blended.
5. With floured hands, shape into 12x2 inch log, rounding the top. Place on greased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 160°C for 40-45 minutes until golden and slightly cracked on top. Cool 10 minutes.
7. Slice widthwise into 1/2 inch slices using serrated bread knife.
8. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
9. Microwave chocolate on high in small microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until just melted. Dip biscotti base in chocolate and place on wax paper to set.