I have made this cranberry apple tort for Rosh HaShannah and it was a hit. It is very sweet, so it goes a long way. This will easily serve 10-12. It may drip in your oven, so line the floor of the oven with foil.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup parve margarine
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 diced apples, (not a soft variety)
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoon flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 9" springform pan.
2. Mix all the crust ingredients with a fork and reserve about 1 1/2 cups. Press the remaining crust into the pan and be sure to press it half way up the side. You can do this with a measuring cup or your hand.
Filling and Baking:
1. Mix the filling ingredients together and pour into the crust.
2. Sprinkle the reserved oatmeal mixture over the top, being sure to press the oats so they evenly cover the apples and meet the crust at the side. The filling will be enclosed.
3. Bake until apples are soft and crust is set.