My simple, but delicious, loaded with vitamins salmon, on a bed of spinach will knock your socks off. Pretty enough for a romantic dinner for two to rival any fancy restaurant, but easy enough for any night of the week for the entire family.
When making this cranberry walnut salmon, do not spin or dry the spinach, the water that is on the leaves will provide the steam to cook it.
Use the Jamie Geller Hungarian Rub instead of the salt, paprika, cumin, cinnamon and nutmeg. It's a perfect dish now even easier.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-ounce) pieces salmon filet
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 (6-ounce) bags fresh baby spinach,rinsed and not dried
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a jelly-roll pan with cooking spray.
1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, cumin,cinnamon, and nutmeg. Rub spice mixture on each piece of salmon.
2. Place filets on prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
1. Toast nuts in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring continually until lightly brown and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
3. Add orange juice and honey. Cook about 10 minutes.
4. Add cranberries and cayenne pepper. Stir until combined. Remove from heat, add nuts and pour over salmon.
1. Heat oil in a very large sauté pan over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, less than 1 minute.
2. Add spinach to the pan. With tongs, toss spinach around as it wilts. Add lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Toss well
To serve, evenly distribute spinach among 8 dinner plates. Top each with 1 salmon filet. Spoon cranberry walnut topping over all.