This is the perfect dairy Passover appetizer or midday snack that really helps change things up. I love mushrooms and the cream cheese pairs beautifully with the other flavors. Make a big batch and try to keep them around for an anytime snack.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 2 mushrooms each ServingsServings
- 20 large stuffing mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
- Chopped walnuts and/or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine
Preheat oven to 400F.
Remove the stems from mushrooms caps and finely chop stems. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the canola oil. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until softened, then add garlic and mushroom stems. Cook a few minutes more, then add herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese with vegetable mixture in a small bowl. Mound the filling in the mushroom caps pressing gently. Top with Parmesan cheese and/or chopped walnuts. Place the filed caps in a baking pan. Pour wine in the pan and bake 15 minutes until golden brown.