These crispy potato latkes are the best you will ever have. Forget the rest, this is the only potato latkes recipe you need! Watch the video to get all our tips for how to make the crispiest latkes ever.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- oil, for frying
- applesauce, unsweetened, for garnish or dipping
- Sour cream, for garnish or dipping
- Grate the potatoes and onion by hand or using a grater attachment on a food processor.
- Place the grated potatoes and onion in a cloth and squeeze out all the liquid. This is the TRICK for making the latkes extra crispy, so make sure to squeeze really well.
- Add the potato and onion to a large bowl along with the eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add oil to a large pan and bring to medium heat. Take a spoonful of the mixture and place in the pan. Press down with the back of the spoon or a spatula to make it flat. This keeps the latke in one piece. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place on a paper towel to soak up the oil. Serve hot with applesauce and sour cream.