Tofu adds protein and texture to a simple salad any day of the week. You don't even need to cook it!
But if you really prefer some nice crisped up tofu then try this for a warm version of this salad.
Place tofu and dressing in a sealable plastic bag or container with a tight lid. Marinate for a minimum of 4 hours, then drain, reserving dressing. Sauté tofu in 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil until warm and slightly crisp. Toss with greens and reserved dressing just before serving.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package mixed field greens
- ½ cup chow mein noodles
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¾ teaspoon hot pepper sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons plain sesame oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the field greens, noodles, and almonds in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl.
- Add tofu to dressing and toss well to coat.
- Spoon tofu and dressing over greens. Toss and serve.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER