Mashed potatoes with a kick.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 2-1/2 pounds (6-7 medium-sized):russet baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons:softened butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces):shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces):shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup:warm milk
- 2 tablespoons:prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons:chopped fresh chives or parsley
- salt and pepper:to taste
- Additional shredded:cheese for sprinkling on top
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until very tender, about 18 minutes. Drain in colander.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with potato masher. Stir in butter and cheeses and mix until smooth.
- Add milk to make a creamy consistency. Stir in horseradish and half of the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with additional cheese and remaining chives. Serves 6.