This Beet Relish is a shabbos salad staple at my sister-in-law Chanie's table - lucky she's one of those types that loves to share her recipes.
Soak sliced raw onions in water for 5-minutes to soften their bite.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (22-ounce) loaf frozen gefilte fish
- 4 cooked beets, cubed
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced or finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare gefilte fish according to package directions.
2. Prepare Beet Relish: In a large bowl toss beets, onions, parsley, lemon juice, oil, and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Serve gefilte fish sliced, cold, or at room temperature, topped with Beet Relish.