This recipe is for a wheat-free brownie made with a secret ingredient: black beans! In this particular recipe, the black bean’s flavor is completely indistinguishable. But, its nutritional benefits are there in full force, namely protein and fiber! So grab a blender or food processor and get to work!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee or 1 shot espresso
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9x9 brownie pan and line with parchment paper.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine black beans and coconut oil until very smooth.
3. Add coffee, cocoa powder, sugar and eggs and mix to combine.
4. Add apple sauce, salt, baking powder and mix to combine.
5. Fold in half the chocolate chips, pour batter into pan, smooth top. Top batter with remaining chocolate chips.
6. Bake about 20-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean
These brownies are rich and decadent with a fudge-like texture. I’d love to hear from you if you make them at home. Hope you enjoy!