Gluten free, dairy free and K for P these Kosher for Passover Lemon Bars perfectly satisfy your holiday and/or year round gluten free baking needs.
We tested this recipe with a sheet pan that was 17x12 inches you can find it here on Amazon.
P.S. They keep in the fridge for up to a week and freeze amazing (between layers of parchment). If this recipe doesn't scream "batch bake" for a rainy day or a family trip I don't know what does.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 32 barsServings
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 5 cups finely ground almonds
- Zest from 1 large lemon (preferably organic)
- 4 cups sugar
- ⅔ cup potato starch
- Finely grated zest from 2 large lemons, (preferably organic)
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1½ cups lemon juice (from about 6 medium lemons)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 17x12-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and grease well.
2. In a large bowl, mix evoo, sugar, vanilla, salt, almonds, and lemon zest until just combined. Press crust into and up the side of the lined sheet pan.
3. Bake at 350°F until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside.
1. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, starch, zest, and salt to break up starch clumps. Add eggs and lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
2. Gently pour filling into baked crust. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes until the center is no longer jiggly.
3. Cool completely before chilling in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Slice into bars and garnish with powdered sugar just before serving if desired.